Registration and Tonnage

If you are taking out marine finance you are likely to be asked to register your boat under Part 1 of the Registry of Shipping and Seamen operated by the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) at Cardiff, so the finance can be noted against it. This is also proof of nationality of a yacht which is useful if you wish to take your vessel overseas.

Tonnage measurement surveys need to be undertaken by an authorised surveyor.

We are authorised through the YDSA to undertake Tonnage Measurement Surveys for vessels up to 24m.

As well as the UK registry We can undertake tonnage surveys for :

Registration requires a tonnage measurement survey of the boat, and we can undertake these measurements (also known as tonnage measurements).

Application Forms are available from the YDSA. We can email you a copy of the YDSA application form if you would like.